Wednesday, September 9, 2009

End of summer





I can't lie, the end of summer always feel like a sad time to me. I live for the days of gardening outside, laying by the pool, and barbecuing. But this year, I have come to realize how different life is and how summer is not AS significant. I have no garden to garden and grilling is not allowed at our new place. And forget laying by the pool. With Maxwell, it is constant in the pool and often chasing him around it. It is funny how things change so quickly with having a child. But you know, I don't really miss those old things all that much, with the exception of the grilling.
We have been so blessed to have so many people come visit us since we have been here: Grandpa and Grammy M.; Andy and Yanik; Yia Yia; and most recently, Jen, Justin, and Jackson. We have take full advantage of local places and cuisine. From the National Aquarium to the Port Discovery Children's Museum, we have had so much fun! We have really enjoyed out new tradition of eating crabs and making a fantastic mess of things!
I am for the first time actually looking forward to the change of seasons. I have a whole new appreciation for things now that I have a son to teach and nurture with all of the new experiences around him. I am already researching fun new places to explore and fabulous new things to try.

2 comments: